Click one of
the following questions to find your answer:
Sulfodene® Ear Cleaner FAQs -
Sulfodene® Skin Medication
Sulfodene® Brand 3-Way Ointment for Dogs FAQs -
- How does the product treat the wound three ways ?
- Helps prevent infection
- Aids in pain relief
- Ointment form provides fly, water and germ barrier
- How does the product help prevent infection?
The ingredient benzalkonium chloride is effective as an antiseptic for wounds. Menthol acts as an antiseptic and clove has antiseptic properties. Echinacea and thyme are recognized as natural alternatives to wound management. Salicylic acid is recognized as a keratolytic for removal of dead skin and an anti-inflammatory.
- How does the product aid in pain relief ?
Benzocaine acts as an anesthetic when used topically, reducing pain on surface wounds. Menthol and Clove also have natural anesthetic properties to help minimize pain.
- How does the product provide a barrier for flies, water and germs?
Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment is a beeswax/petrolatum base which forms a protective barrier to water, flies and germs.
- How is the product packaged?
The ointment is packaged in an easy-to-squeeze tube allowing the consumer to use just the amount desired while keeping the remaining product clean and free of dirt.
- How often do I apply Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment?
While you may apply the product as often as necessary, we recommend “Apply directly to the wound. Repeat 1 to 3 times daily as necessary.”
- Should I clean the wound each time before applying Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment?
For best results, it is always recommended you wash the wound with water or a saline solution before applying Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment. However, it is not required. Of course, any dirt or debris should be removed before applying or reapplying.
- Will the product wash off with water?
The product will come off with water under pressure (such as a heavy spray from a hose). However, rain will not wash off the product.
- Can I wrap the area after applying Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment?
Yes, while it is not necessary to wrap the treated area, there is no reason why it cannot be wrapped.
- What are the recommended uses for Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment?
The ointment is recommended for cuts, scrapes, scratches, bites, rope burns, abrasions and skin irritations. This product is not recommended for deep puncture wounds or serious burns. If you are unsure about the severity of the wound, please consult your veterinarian.
- How should I store Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment?
It is recommended that you store the ointment in a controlled room temperature of 15-30 °C or 59-86 °F. In extreme heat the product will liquefy but, after cooling, will go back into its ointment form.
- Does Sulfodene Brand 3-Way Ointment contain any natural ingredients?
Yes, this product contains melaluca lucadendron (tea tree oil), citronella oil, thyme oil, cornmint oil, clove oil, echinacea, emu oil and beeswax.
| FAQs | Where
to Buy | Contact
Us | About
Us | Site Map
© 2004 Farnam Companies, Inc.